Off-Campus Volunteer Opps
In addition to serving with us on campus, it is critical that we serve in our community as well. It is a greay way to connect with your passions, serve others and to share the love and relationship we have found in Christ.
Choose one of the major categories below to help you find the ministry that is the best fit for you.
Burgers, Bibles & Blessings
Burgers, Bibles & Blessings Volunteer Opps
BBB meets from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm at Riverwalk Church of Christ on the 4th Saturday of each month to serve Wichita's poor & homeless. We cook hamburgers and hotdogs and serve a meal, rain or shine.
For more info, email Coleen Barnes or call 316.264.9703.
Care Team Volunteer Opps
If you enjoy coming alongside people who are experiencing difficult challenges or making life changing adjustments in their life, here are a number of ways to offer encouragement and support. Click the I'll Try It button, fill out the form and someone will contact you.
See example VIDEOS and other details.
- Prayer Support
- Visitation & Care (homebound, elderly, etc.)
- Marriage Mentoring
- Minor Home Maintenance
- Provide Meals
- Send Cards
- Yard Work
- Moving/Relocation Assistance
- Maintenance/Handy Man
Disaster Relief Volunteer Opps
Central Christian Church is ready to help disaster victims.
To be notified about how YOU can be involved, click the "I'll Try It" button to complete the form and we will keep you informed about opportunities for on-site help; donations of money, materials, clothing, water, tools, time, etc.; prayer support and so forth.
Helping Hands Volunteer Opps
His Helping Hands is our outreach ministry created to help the under-resourced families of Wichita and its surrounding communities. With donations from members of Central and others, and with the help of volunteers, HHH is able to provide a wide variety of services, including the distribution of clothing, food, furniture, and household items. The training for each of our volunteer areas is minimal. Click the I'll Try It button, fill out the form and someone will contact you.
Volunteer Opportunities, Weekly, 9am to 5pm
- Clothing – Hang & Sort,
- Housewares – Sort & Organize
- Office – Answer Telephones
- Warehouse – Sort & Organize Donations
- Furniture – Repair
- Appliance – Testing & Repairs
- Computer – Repairs in conjunction with the Microsoft
Volunteer Opportunities, Saturdays, 8:30am – Noon
- Check-in Team – Check & log client information into the computer
- Welcome Team – Greet our client families
- Counseling Team – Share the Gospel and pray with our clients
- Clothing Team – Help clients shop for clothing
- Warehouse Team – Load furniture and household items into clients’ vehicles; receive donated items
- Housewares Team – Pick out housewares for clients; sort and fold bedding
General Volunteer Opportunities
- Food Distribution – Distribute food the 2nd and 4th Fridays of each month from 9am–Noon,
- Garden Ministry – Help in our garden during the growing season,
- Heavenly Treasures Gift Shop – Serve in our gift shop every Wednesday and Thursday from 10am – 4pm
Oaklawn Clothing 'n Stuff
Oaklawn Clothing 'n Stuff
Oaklawn clothing 'n stuff was crafted from a former "gentleman's club" to a completely remodeled thrift store. Here, shoppers will find new and gently-used clothing and other items for VERY low prices...all as a way to help those in Oaklawn and the surrounding community.
ALL proceeds go towards supporting the FRESH HOPE program.
Below you will find a short list of the types of people that we currently could put to work immediately. While this list represents many opportunities it is by no means exhaustive so if you are interested in sharing your faith but aren't sure what steps to take, please register and you will be contacted shortly.
- Women interested in ministering to those involved in sexual abuse or prostitution
- Folks who could walk with families helping them with things like resumes, financial planning and understanding God's plan and purpose for them
- Mentors who can work with at risk children offering them guidance and the gospel
- Women interested in helping, discipling and counseling single mothers
- Respite volunteer families: take children into their homes temporarily while parents get back on their feet. This helps keep families out of the system